Re: [Paparazzi-devel] baro_ets altitude

From: Felix Ruess
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] baro_ets altitude
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2011 16:32:51 +0100

Hi Germar,

some questions first:
Just making sure: you are not trying this in simulation, but on the real hardware?
When you are referring to the measurements you were looking at estimator_z variable, or did you add some message to look at the ets baro altitude directly?

So now some comments on how to use the baro_ets module.
You need to add some subsystems/defines in order to use it:
  <firmware name="fixedwing">
<target name="ap" board="tiny_2.11"/>

<define name="ALT_KALMAN"/>
<define name="USE_I2C0"/>
<define name="USE_BARO_ETS"/>

<subsystem name="i2c"/>
</firmware>
 <modules>
<load name="baro_ets.xml"/>
<\modules>
Can you please report on what settings you have used so far, then update your airframe file like above and check if the problem is still there.

I think we need to update some of this stuff a little. (e.g. when a baro is only used as payload and when it is also used for supporting the altitude estimation.) Some of this is done for other baros, but this should be consistent between all baro sensors.

Also I think there might be still be a bug: gps_alt and estimator_z report height above mean sea level if I am not mistaken. But baro_ets_altitude report gives you altitude relative to your startup point (where the offset was calculated).

Cheers, Felix