Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Default targets for modules

From: Andreas Gaeb
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Default targets for modules
Date: Tue, 04 Jan 2011 08:58:12 +0100

Hi Christophe,

Am 03.01.2011 20:14, schrieb Christophe De Wagter:
> [...] Are you using the latest git version?
yes.

> [...] The target order in paparazzi center is the
> same as in your airframe file, so if you use jsbsim more often than any
> other target you just need to put it first.
in the paparazzi center itself, this works just fine.

However, what my patch affects is not the airframe generation but the
modules generation. The current version of gen_common (I did do an
update) defaults to ap|sim if a <makefile> tag in the module xml does
not have a target="..." attribute. This behaviour changed with the
introduction of gen_common, as far as I can tell, which means some
modules that worked before are now unloaded when using JSBSim.

Workarounds could be either the patch I sent, or explicitly stating a
target attribute in each module, or somehow porting the targets list
from parse_firmware in gen_aircraft.ml to gen_common.ml, possibly
extending it to check the targets of all firmwares. I tried the latter,
but did not succeed because I have too little ocaml experience.

Best regards,
        Andreas