[Paparazzi-devel] Telemetry and RC link.

From: Helge Walle
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] Telemetry and RC link.
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2010 22:04:24 +0100

Hi,

My new Multiplex Funjet is ready for manual test flying before I equip it with Paparazzi.

RC is Futaba 10C 2.4GHz with R617FS receiver. I would like to use XBee Pro 2.4GHz modems for telemetry.

I am a bit confused about the modem options. The XBee Pro has several antenna alternatives, including a patch antenna which seems very practical. I wonder however if the range of the patch antenna would be the same as it would be with a whip antenna. The manufacturer claims the same range for all.
Does anyone have any experience on this?

Also I have not used 2.4GHz for both RC and telemetry before. Can I expect this to work safely? The two radios use two different systems, FASST (Futaba) and DSSS (XBee).

Thanks for any help,

Helge.