Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Reply to:"trouble getting started... (James Spezes

From: Christophe De Wagter
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Reply to:"trouble getting started... (James Spezeski)"
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2010 09:16:23 +0100

I'm running paparazzi in VM-Player 80% of the time with no problem at all... USB is plugged/swapped from windows to linux with nice pictograms, and does not need to install drivers for every USB like in virtualbox. With VirtualTools installed your mouse moves from linux-VM to windows as if it were a normal windows program and the performance is enhanced and even highspeed JTAG works nicely.

Note: VM-Player also supports running linux directly from a partition instead of from a hard-disk file. So my current setup is a dual-boot. When performance or safety is needed I boot linux only. But when in windows I can boot the linux partition in VM and vice versa. A bit of RAM is useful though. Only word of care here: do not boot linux twice when hibernating windows with a running VM-player and then choosing linux on startup... not so good for linux filesystem integrity...

-Christophe