[Paparazzi-devel] trouble getting started...

From: James Spezeski
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] trouble getting started...
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2010 16:40:52 -0700

Hi everyone, I'm trying to use Paparazzi for a University design project, but I'm having serious problems getting started.  I'm using an OSX host machine with a Ubuntu virtual machine.

For the Tiny 0.99, I used a USB <-> Serial converter and an LPC programmer which was plugged into the serial port.  I tried programming it in USB mode and serial mode and they both failed (no USB device found).  I did manage to program it by connecting the the converter and creating a socket on the host machine, then using that socket as a serial port on the guest machine and programming it in serial mode, but I'm not sure why this worked and the other approach didn't.

I also tried programming the TWOG with a cable I bought on PPZUAV, but the host and guest machines both failed to even recognize that something was plugged in.  I believe the bootloader is already installed, and the LED flashes when I connect power.  I even tried booting from the live CD and I had the same problem.

I've been stuck here for a couple months, so I would really appreciate any help.

Thanks,
  James