Re: [Paparazzi-devel] HITL Hardware In The Loop Simulation

From: Felix Ruess
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] HITL Hardware In The Loop Simulation
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2010 18:34:06 +0100

Hi,

SITL simulation with JSBSim (and FlightGear for visualization) makes a
lot of sense I think.
HITL simulation (with IMU) would be a bit harder because you would
have to feed the mcu with a lot of data that would normally come from
the IMU and no-one wrote the code for this (at least not that I am
aware of).

So if you make a precise model of your aircraft you could tune
parameters in simulation. How good this will work will of course
depend on how good your model is, but it will give you a reasonable
starting point.

The simulator probably needs some love, but there is a basic jsbsim
sim that _should_ still work and there is nps (new paparazzi sim ;-)
that uses JSBSim (other fdms possible) that is a bit more flexible and
sophisticated (e.g. sensor models). But nps was only used for
rotorcraft simulation as far as I am aware and would need a little
work as well.
But I think that is the way we should go.

If you want to work on that it would be great!

Cheers, Felix