[Paparazzi-devel] On-board data logger

From: Steve Joyce
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] On-board data logger
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2010 17:39:57 +0100

I would like to log some messages to an SD card onboard the aircraft as a backup to the normal telemetry over the datalink.

I see this is on the hardware wishlist and there is some code to write to SD cards documented on the data logger page on the Wiki.

I am thinking you could use a "DOSonchip" breakout board or an ALFATxp chip to make file handling easier and communicate over spi. The question is what is the best way to integrate it into the paparazzi code? Ideally you could define it as an auxiliary datalink device in your airframe and have a separate telemetry section but it requires a bit of coding.

Does anyone have some advice about how to approach it? has anyone done it already? Is it a dumb idea?

regards,
Steve