[Paparazzi-devel] Arduimu,Magneto Airspeed over I2C

From: Schmidhauser Emilio (schmiemi)
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] Arduimu,Magneto Airspeed over I2C
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2010 13:08:15 +0000

Hello everyone

I am working on a Tiny 2.11 and I have an Arduimu with Magnetometer connected.
Now I want to connect Baro and Airspeed sensors over I2C (much better
resolution).

I heard about the discussion with the Update-frequency of the Arduimu(40Hz).
Now I am thinking about how to make sure that the I2C Buffer does not run into
problems with so many data.

I am thinking about three possible things:

        *   the LPC214 has 2 I2C buses.

           *   Does anyone know if the second one(I2c1) can be used somehow
with Tiny2.11?

        *   A scheduler to coordinate the Sensors.

        *   With the I2C flags. (airspeed_ets_i2c_trans.status == I2CTransDone)

           *   I am not sure if an how the flags make sure that the buffer has
been red.

Has someone an idea or some experience with Arduimu at 40 Hz and Airspeed/Baro
(Ets ) over the same I2C bus? No problem with the buffers at this bus-speed?

If someone is interested I can post the Arduimu with Magneto. The code is
pretty unclean and in a prototype stadium but it works.

Cheers Emilio