Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Dear friends, two problems about the GPS and wirel

From: Gareth Roberts
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Dear friends, two problems about the GPS and wireless connection :-)
Date: Thu, 09 Dec 2010 11:12:46 -0000

Hi Chen,

You may be having GPS reception problems. If GCS is showing some GPS signal, communication between the Tiny and the LEA is working. If you've already uploaded the correct paparazzi settings to the GPS, it's possible that there is an antennae problem or that you are in a poor signal strength area - indoors, around tall buildings or where there are strong WiFi signals are all possible places where there will be poor GPS. You don't need any drivers for linux - all the drivers (also called modules in linux-land) which you require to run paparazzi are included within the operating system.
Did you remove the brltty package as per the instructions on the wiki?
Failing that, it's probably a mismatch in baud rates somewhere along the line. When getting started, make sure that ALL baud rates for the downlink match - the one in the airframe file, the one configured in your WI232's and the one selected on the groundstation.

Hope this helps.
--G