[Paparazzi-devel] One question about gliding

From: Chris
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] One question about gliding
Date: Tue, 07 Dec 2010 15:31:35 +0200

Hi.
I am trying to imitate Mark's approach and although i trimmed the airframe file for optimum altitude gain based on the recorded data i still have a peculiar problem when gliding. During gliding from point A to point B and although the altitude is more than sufficient to glide to point B (more than 2X), the throttle is slowly creeping up (always in simulation) until it reaches maximum airspeed.
I thought that throttle should come down close to idle when gliding
but i endup gliding at 30m/s, -8 degrees pitch and throttle close to 90%
Is there any particular setting in the airframe file to correct this?
I am trying to make the simulator match the recorded data and the planes actual behavior.
Chris