[Paparazzi-devel] Re: it is soooo cold outside

From: flyordie
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] Re: it is soooo cold outside
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2010 21:26:46 +0100 (CET)

more details? no problem

I started with a regular setup of a twinstar. probably like everyone else...
termopiles gps nothing special
what is special is that during the time I changed to brushless motors
2 x viper2700 with 2x 25 ESC
and a 5Ah lipo
in this configuration I made 30 min
after a while i started playing with different pressure sensors, we already
discussed that
and then I wrote my one vertical control and implemented a bunch of new
autopilot modes that enables my twinstar to fly constant airspeed with or
without throttle
due to these new modes I was able to gain the polar and to find speeds for best
glide and minimum sinkrate
so with a slightly pimped flightplan I made 46 min with 5Ah
so what really disappointed me  no matter what I tried I couldn t make the 60
minutes
no I just put a lot of capacity in it ... I know 5Ah is a already a lot but now
there are 12Ah in this little airframe and they just fit perfectly
I already figured out the polar and you can clearly see that the speed for best
glide is much higher as well as the speed for minimum sinkrate
there is only the time problem for me and the fact that I m a one man show so I
have to carry everything on my back to the airfield and be operator and safety
pilot at the same time
during the summer there was no need to ask for people to help me because
everyone wanted to see it but right now at these low temperatures it is getting
really hard to find someone freezing especially when its only  for an endurance
test and the plane is only doing wide circles.

so thats it
 a piece of foam and a lot of battery -- imagine how much more should be
possible even with this setup

cheers

Tobi
Neu: WEB.DE De-Mail - Einfach wie E-Mail, sicher wie ein Brief!
Jetzt De-Mail-Adresse reservieren: https://produkte.web.de/go/demail02