[Paparazzi-devel] reply to:"Re: ArduIMU and Tiny autopilot continued (Ch

From: Mechatronics Support
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] reply to:"Re: ArduIMU and Tiny autopilot continued (Chris)
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2010 20:33:06 -0800

We have never used Paparazzi before, but are familiar with it of course and have always been impressed.  Here is one option…

If someone out there has successfully integrated a VN1-100, ArduIMU or similar (including code changes), drop us a line at address@hidden .  We’ll send the most experienced candidate a free CHIMU (AHRS) with interface info (including source code for parsing) if you post your success / failure with it.  We’ll help with any integration questions of course.

CHIMU performs internal integrations at a 200 Hz rate.  The UART output is maximum of 50 Hz.  But if you get aggressive and want to go for SPI (you have to act as slave to the CHIMU master), you can get 200 Hz.  On board, the sensors themselves are limited to 160 Hz for the gyros, 50 Hz for the accels, and 50 Hz for the magnetometers.  With proper software messaging to the unit, centripetal acceleration effects can be accommodated.

User manual and other info here:

http://www.ryanmechatronics.com/index_files/ProductDetailCHIMU.htm

So again, if you have the experience in integrating an IMU / AHRS into the Paparazzi code and want to give this a shot, let us know at address@hidden

Regards!