Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Reply to:"Re: ArduIMU and Tiny autopilotcontinued

From: Steve Joyce
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Reply to:"Re: ArduIMU and Tiny autopilotcontinued (David Conger)"
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2010 22:53:21 +0100

I took a look at this too after it was posted on the Wiki.  As I understand the code, the attitude solution is calculated at 50Hz,  It is just that it is polled from the module on the paparazzi side at 15Hz.

I tried to read it at 50Hz, but it didn't work (probably overloads the processor with I2c interrupts or has some other timing problem).  But reading at 40Hz seemed to work quite OK.  It was a noticable improvement in the control response in Auto1.

It flew my plane with the same control parameters I use for IR sensors.  The only thing I noticed was a pitch-down on acceleration and pitch-up on deceleration, which is to be expected.

Cheers,
Steve