Re: [Paparazzi-devel] I2C Questions

From: Christophe De Wagter
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] I2C Questions
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2010 08:08:01 +0100

Hi Kurtis,

You can use many devices on the same I2C_DEV "=wires" but it is not recommended to use too many high-bandwidth devices.

The AIRSPEED_ETS_I2C_DEV points to which processor PINS you use. The LPC2148 has only 2 I2C devices, so there is certainly no i2c2 and further. This is something different from the I2C slave address which is a byte to address something connected on a bus. I believe the ArduIMU and EagleTree have different slave addresses and can be used on the same wires (e.g. I2C0)

But an IMU is important enough to give it a dedicated I2C_DEV if possible.

-Christophe