Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Problems getting an overview of Paparazzi

From: Gareth Roberts
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Problems getting an overview of Paparazzi
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2010 13:59:06 -0000

Marcus's suggestion is a good one if you have a good level of familiarity with Linux and embedded systems.

Assembling your own tiny is not really 'engineering' (it's just difficult to do well) - is this an undergraduate group project, and if so is there a requirement to have an element of novelty in the design? Assembling a UAV is a much more difficult task than people always assume! I've seen 10-20 undergrad groups who in the past have tried to build a Paparazzi-powered UAV and not one of them actually got anything working autonomously. Paparazzi do not 'support' parts - we just have a list of stuff that we know works! There are a lot of design decisions you will have to make alone. The makeup of your group will also influence this - if there are more 'structures' than 'systems' guys, you might want to think about changing the airframe design instead?
--G