[Paparazzi-devel] No rule to make target `actuators.h'

From: Alan Kitching
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] No rule to make target `actuators.h'
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2010 17:07:57 +0100

Many thanks for your guidance Felix - things are actually starting to work!

I now have a fully working "lucid" Linux installed, and have successfully down
loaded, compiled and run Paparazzi !!!!
(the last time I used a "makefile" was for a 6800 project in the '80s.........)

As nothing succeeds like success, I have moved on to trying to run the
simulation, and all went smoothly until I got this error

                CC /home/alan/paparazzi3/var/MJ5/sim/sys_time.o
                make[1]: *** No rule to make target `actuators.h', needed by
                `/home/alan/paparazzi3/var/MJ5/sim/main_fbw.o'. Stop.
                make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/alan/paparazzi3/sw/airborne'

If anyone could point me in the right direction to fix this, it would be very
much appreciated........

Regards

Alan K.

Hi Alan,

If I am not mistaken there are currently no up-to-date binary packages for
paparazzi.

I would recommend you to install paparazzi from source (and the needed binary
files for the toolchain).

Assuming you are still on lucid and not on maverick yet you should add the
paparazzi repository in synaptic as described here:

http://paparazzi.enac.fr/wiki/Installation#Using_Synaptic_Package_Manager

APT-line: http://paparazzi.enac.fr/ubuntu lucid main

You need at least the paparazzi-dev and paparazzi-arm7 packages, if you want to
use new hardware based on the stm32 you need paparazzi-stm32 as well.

Then install paparazzi from SVN:
http://paparazzi.enac.fr/wiki/Installation#Subversion
and set your environment variables and the USB rights as described on
the wiki page.