[Paparazzi-devel] strange communication problem

From: Chris Efstathiou
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] strange communication problem
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2010 10:58:11 +0200

Hi.
I am battling with my system to make it work as it should for a couple days but now i think i should ask for help.
I have a problem communicating with the airplane through the telemetry (9xtend radio modems) and to be more specific i can receive data fine from 30 km away but i can't send commands to the airplane from the GCS even from 1m away.
The strange thing is that if i use the older version of Paparazzi dated
from june 2010 (which i saved as a backup) it works fine both ways so it looks like the GCS does not send commands to the serial port.
The computer is always the same i just rename directories containing different versions of the Paparazzi software.
I have tried swapping modems (they work fine), changing cables, changing the ftdi adapter etc. but the symptoms are always the same.
Any help welcomed.
Chris