Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Re: Paparazzi Failsafe Features?

From: Martin Mueller
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Re: Paparazzi Failsafe Features?
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2010 08:28:07 +0200

Hi Kurtis,

>       1) *Lost communication*: NOT built-in; depends on your modem and
>     protocol; can be implemented for XBee and Aerocomm that have RSSI
>     and ACK

This can be done on a higher level in the flight plan. Every message sent to the aircraft resets the 'datalink_time' variable that can be checked for in the flight plan. The ground station sends a 'ping' every couple of seconds. If no message is received for a given time the flight plan will deroute.

As an example the ingolfsskali plan has three global exceptions: max flight altitude, lost comm and minimum battery voltage.

I think a Failsafe section on the wiki would be useful, since safety is
of course very important, and an explanation of what failsafe systems
are built-in to the code would be useful, as well as a way to configure
them.

Can you do that?

Martin