Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Lisa debugging

From: Marko Thaler
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Lisa debugging
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2010 19:38:46 +0200

Hello,

Eric and Poine, thank you for your suggestions and help.

I have set up the debug environment in Eclipse which seems to work fine.

The only problem now is that if I randomly suspend (halt) the code execution, I sometimes get an error:

Can't find a source file at "some_file.c"

Until now some_file.c were:
- stm32_usart.c
- stm32_i2c.c

I can not find this files anywhere in the paparazzi3 repository. The interesting part is that during compilation there are no errors and those files are not needed!?

I have not managed to make a proper debug session with regards to Lisa/MKK ESCs freeze. However, in a quick test debug I have observed two different error behaviours:

a) MKK ESCs block the motors (red ESC LED goes on) while Lisa is running normally (I am testing motors without props). To regain a normal motor operation I only have to power down and power up the Lisa. During this period ESCs have an uninterrupted power supply and the red ESC LEDs turn off as soon as the Lisa is reset (powered back up).

b) Lisa can freeze in flight (Lisa's LEDs stop blinking and stay in their last state) and ESCs turn the motors off (red ESC LEDs go on). In this case I can regain normal operation by suspending (halting) Lisa in the debug session and resuming the session. As soon as I hit the resume button in Eclipse motors and Lisa start to operate normally.

For the b) example I could not take a look at where in the program the error occurred since I got "Can't find a source file" message from above and <symbol is not available> error in the debug window.

I'll have a go at a proper debug tomorrow morning.

Regards,

Marko