Re: [Paparazzi-devel] New airframe file configuration

From: antoine drouin
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] New airframe file configuration
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2010 13:30:52 +0200

Hello Ana

On Mon, Aug 30, 2010 at 11:58 AM, Ana García <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hello,
> I have been reading about the new changes. I assume I need to update the
> software in order to make them happen...but, will still the old
> configuration be running if I update?

If you update you'll have to switch to the new xml only airframe format

> I have realized that the old makefile lines in the bottom of the airframe
> file are now segregated in different files(but stay like before),

 For now... the whole point of getting makefile out of the airframes
is to allow us to change things without breaking airframes

> and assume
> that the new firmware section lets Paparazzi know which file is selected.

That is also a benefit of the xml only airframe: It gives us the
possibility to make a (graphical) airframe configuration program

> Isn't it? Where in the software can I find more changes related to this?-I'd
> just like to know how things work-
>
> Finally, what about the simulations? I am thinking about the hitl one,
> particulary via usb. I haven't seen anything related to this in the firmware
> section...

Software in the loop simulation has been tested - Thanx for bringing
up the hardware in the loop issue - we'll have a look at it

Regards

Poine

ps: you can still continue to have makefile in your airframe, for
developing or tweaking things, but you have to expect that this
makefile might break when we change things.