Re: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] My IMU for paparazzi is almost done. Few test

From: Andrew S
Subject: Re: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] My IMU for paparazzi is almost done. Few test flights are successfully performed
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2010 22:46:56 +0400

Hi
Update rate is 50hz, it is only possible rate for AVR, with code compiled by
gcc. Another commercial compilers allows update rate up to 100hz with same
code. My IMU works on DCM with floating point mathematics, but without Kalman
filter. Kalman filter takes a lot of resources, but works not much better than
simple PI controller. Magneto sensor is not necessary for fixed wing if you
dont need a real heading for payloads. For pitch and roll estimation it is
unnecessary. Dont test anything on such small airframes, buy at least easystar,
or easyglider.
Andrew