Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Best approach for implementing heartbeat to extern

From: David Carlson
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Best approach for implementing heartbeat to external failsafe device (2010 OBC)
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2010 13:19:33 +0300

Isn't there also a switchable 5V supply on the CAM port? Seems you should be able to toggle this at a 1 Hz rate.

Buzz

On 08/19/2010 11:56 AM, Adam Amos wrote:
Hi All

I need some advice on the best way to output a heart beat signal in the form
a voltage transition at regular intervals of at least 1Hz which will be
interpreted by an external failsafe device (Millswood Engineering).

My current thoughts are to try and use a module to oscillate a 1V signal on
the SPI port of my TWOG. Or alternatively simply attach the clock signal of
the SPI port to the external failsafe device.

Is this the correct approach?

Adam Amos
Student Engineer | RescueRobotics.com.au
address@hidden
Ph: +61424 642 578