Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Best approach for implementing heartbeat toexterna

From: Jeremy Reinertsen
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Best approach for implementing heartbeat toexternal failsafe device (2010 OBC)
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2010 19:53:33 +1000

Hi Adam,

You have a couple of options here:

- Use the 1 Hz pulse from LED1. This is a little awkward as you will need to connect to the TP1 which is not connected to one of the board connectors.

- Use the serial port output (TXD1) and assume that an autopilot failure would result in no driving of serial output. Serial telemetry messages are sent at least once per second so the pin will change states often enough to reset the failsafe.

- Use the PPM signal from SERV_RST or SERV_CLK signals from connector J4. As above, this would assume that autopilot failure would result in no changes to these pins. The advantage of this method is that you probably aren't already using J4 so it's easy to connect to these outputs.

Cheers and good luck with your OBC entry.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Adam Amos" <address@hidden>