RE: [Paparazzi-devel] How to adjust surface travel and throttle?

From: Edixon Giraldo
Subject: RE: [Paparazzi-devel] How to adjust surface travel and throttle?
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2010 08:37:52 -0500

    Yes, I launched in Auto1 as it was described in the manual.  I did have very little authority on the aircraft in Auto1 and I could not recover on time.  It just nose dove inverted and hit the ground hard.  I broke the nose and a wing and I thought I lost some of the electronics.  Thankfully, upon closer inspection, electronics where fine and the elapor foam was easy to repair.  I have put the Funjet together last night with the help of a lot of CA glue and I am ready to give it another try.  It looks solid again, but, a little crooked.  It will fly fine I think.  I know for sure that in MANUAL mode it will fly just fine and with control because I have a lot of servo throw on the Ailevons to control it.  At least I was happy with the field tests I did before the ctastrofic maiden flight.  GPS locks great, sensors are working great, PFD is on target, and I was able to find the ground altitude of the field I fly in.  I am ready to take off again!

Thanks to everyone for the replies.

Eddie.