Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Encoder setup procedure

From: Felix Ruess
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Encoder setup procedure
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 2010 18:37:53 +0200

Hi Adam,

maybe I can help out a bit... I had some strange issues with the ppm
encoder as well, I played with the settings of the encoder and
reflashed it myself. But to be honest I still don't know what the
original problem was.

1) The flag -DRADIO_CONTROL_TYPE=RC_FUTABA is not used anymore,
instead you have to set the pulse_type attribute in your radio.xml.
    See http://paparazzi.enac.fr/wiki/Radio_Control
    The ppm encoder hasn't been updated to reflect that... hendrix?

The rest of the setup sounds good to me.
You might want to play with the ppm encoder source and the sync pulse
configuration there and reflash the ppm encoder. I guess that is what
did the trick for me.
I'm not saying that is the definitive way to fix your problem ;-)

Cheers, Felix