[Paparazzi-devel] Booz Autopilot

From: Matthew Rose
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] Booz Autopilot
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2010 10:06:55 -0700

Dear Paparazzi Team,

                I am interested in your Booz Autopilot system. I am a student at Cal Poly Pomona University and I am doing research for a senior project. The senior project will be hovering a quadrotor helicopter and landing it. The question that I have is, how many free pin connections are available to the LPC2148 main board? I ask because my research advisor wishes that we move to obstacle avoidance at some point in the future. That would mean that six pins need to be available. I plan on connecting a ultrasonic sensor through each pin.  I understand that this will be a complex task and I am up for the challenge, but how hard would it be to interface external hardware and communicate it through the downlink feed, outputting the data on the GSC? Mind you I’m an aerospace engineer with some background in C++.

Thanks for your time

Sincerely,

Matthew Rose

Aerospace Engineering Undergraduate, Cal Poly Pomona

address@hidden

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 5350 (20100808) __________

http://www.eset.com