Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Shopping list for a Lisa with Gumstix setup. What

From: antoine drouin
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Shopping list for a Lisa with Gumstix setup. What do I need?
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2010 21:27:21 +0200

Hello Orjan

2010/8/4 Ørjan Pettersen <address@hidden>:
> Hello!
>
> I have finally decided to buy a Paparazzi autopilot.
>
> I have the airframe. It is the Multiplex Funjet.
>

> The following stuff have been ordered.
>
> The Lisa board from JobyRobotics.com
>
> From PPZUAV, Receiver board, Paparazzi GPS v1.3 Assembled LEA-5H, IR
> Sensors.
>

> Further I will need a Gumstix board. But what exactly do I need here to be
> able to connect it to the Lisa board and to the computer to program it? I
> might go for one with onboard WiFi.
>
> Where do I get the needed cables? I guess I need the following...
> # An USB to autopilot cable,

any regular mini usb cable will do

> # A cable from the receiver to the receiver board, and a cable from the
> receiver board to the autopilot.

Do you intend to use 35/41/72Mhz radio control ? Are you sure you
don't want to patch into your rc receiver and avoid the multiple wires
to and from the decoder board ?
If you want to use 2.4Ghz radio control, the spektrum satelite
receiver plugs directly into one uart of the Lisa board. If you're a
futaba person, futaba has a 2.4Ghz rc receiver with a ppm output

> # Cables from the two IR sensors to the autopilot.
> # Cable from the GPS to the autopilot.
> # Cables from the servos and ESC to the autopilot.

Those are regular molex cables.

> # Cable from the Gumstix to the Lisa autopilot.

The gumstix plug directly into the 70 pins connector on the Lisa/l board

> # Power cables to both the Lisa autopilot and to the Gumstix.

The gumstix is powered by the lisa board. The power connector on the
lisa board is regular jst ( known as BEC in the rc world )

> Anything else?

looks good

Just a comment about wifi : I confirm that the internal adapter of the
overo doesn't work very well for me. I have had good success with a
linksys usb wifi key. Paul also added the driver to our filesystem for
this one
http://www.amazon.fr/Edimax-EW-7711-nLITE-Wireless-adaptateur/dp/B001KOTDDU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1281036371&sr=8-1
which comes with an antenna

Regards