Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Re: Improving documentation

From: Christophe De Wagter
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Re: Improving documentation
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2010 14:05:40 +0200

Just another (maybe weird) perspective:

The documentation that is most useful to me is "doxygen" and when even this fails it's down to the "grep" command. It is quite hard to choose which folders to include in doxygen (tiny/booz/lisa/common code/autogenerated code: var) and most of the lost time is due to searching where the code for a certain routine is located or generated from. I think anyone willing to do autonomous flight should be encouraged to read at least the main routine and the control code?!

"In a project where fast evolution in code exists, the safest way to get code and documentation in sync is when they are written next to each other in the same file."

Could we link a doxygen manual to the wiki? (with color coded pages for tiny/booz/lisa/common/gcs/etc...). Making this will (likely) raise questions as how to best organize code (tiny/lisa/booz) and how to know for instance which module can run on which platform....

airborne
airborne\architectures
airborne\architectures\arm7
airborne\architectures\arm7\60Hzloop