[Paparazzi-devel] Re: Electrical connections with the Tiny and PPM Encod

From: Ana García
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] Re: Electrical connections with the Tiny and PPM Encoder Board
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2010 08:49:33 +0200

Hi Chris,
thank you for your explanation...I still have a question. When you use the PPM encoder board, do you still connect your servos to the autopilot?(that's what I guess...because I can imagine servo extensions from receiver to ppm encoder board...unless you mean Y servo extensions from receiver to ppm encoder board and servo...). Because if the servos are connected to the autopilot, there is no way of independent powering, is it?

As I don't have a PPM encoder board yet(and it is not available on PPZUAV by now), I think I'll try the "receiver-classix configuration", getting the PPM signal out and then back in the receiver(this way I'll have the servos and receiver powered from the motor BEC), hope this works with tiny2.11. I will get my corona RP8D1 receiver on Thursday. If I crash it, I'll wait for a PPM encoder board, which I think is a great solution.

Thanks for your patience, I'm not used to work with this things, and everything is like a challenge.