[Paparazzi-devel] Electrical connections with the Tiny and PPM Encoder B

From: Ana García
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] Electrical connections with the Tiny and PPM Encoder Board
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2010 09:05:17 +0200

Hello,
I've been reading the latest posts. I also have doubts.
I have thought about connecting the RC receiver in the "RC Receiver classix.jpg" way. I mean, with the servos connected to the receiver. This way, the servos can be powered by my motor BEC(which is connected to the receiver). Then, the connections between the receiver and the autopilot will be only PPM_IN, SERV_RST, SERV_CLK. Am I right? Is it a good choice?

Another question, what is the PPM Encoder Board function? I don't  have one, and after reading about it in the other hardware section and looking for something in the devel-list, I'm not sure I have understood. It's said it plugs into the servo output of a receiver(like another servo?), and then you can connect from the Encoder Board to the Tiny? Is it a way of not modifying the receiver? Is it powered directly or can it be powered by the BEC?
Does anyone have a picture showing how the wirings go from the receiver to the board and finally the autopilot? Sorry, but I am not very used to this, and it's difficult for me to understand it.

Thanks