Re: [Paparazzi-devel] IRs directions

From: Maik Höpfel
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] IRs directions
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2010 22:11:44 +0200

Hello Roman,

the docs are not perfect, but it's there:
http://paparazzi.enac.fr/wiki/Airframe_Configuration#Infrared

"The two channels of the horizontal sensor must give positive values
when it is warmer on the right side and the rear side. To adjust these
signs, use the following declarations:"

"Then, define how the horizontal sensor is connected to the airframe,
orientation aligned or tilted. In the aligned case, ir1 is along the
lateral axis (The axis that passes through the plane from wingtip to
wingtip) and ir2 along the longitudinal one. In the tilted case, the
sensors are tilted by 45 degrees; ir1 is along rear-left --
front-right, and ir2 along rear-right -- front-left. The parameter
"value" has no effect! If the airframe construction allows choose an
aligned sensor orientation since this gives the best stabilization
response results."

I know there's a thread of RCgroups where you could've found that
info, and I think there's some other wiki linked where that process is
described as well. I'm not speaking for the community but only myself,
and want to say this the nicest way possible, but I kindly ask you do
put a bit more effort into looking trough the available materials.
You're very welcome to improve the wiki yourself if you feel that it
is lacking. And please feel free to come back with more questions if
you're stuck.

Greetings from very hot Germany,
Maik