Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Strange Surging Behavior

From: jlastuka
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Strange Surging Behavior
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2010 14:06:57 -0600

Thanks Felix,

For testing purposes, I disconnected my throttle so that I didn't destroy my table / limbs if the motor started (yes, I should always just take the prop off). I didn't even think that I was removing a 5 volt power source that gets hooked up to the TWOG! So while testing, the TWOG was trying to power everything on its own and overloading??

So am i correct to say that the 5V from the ESC (throttle input) actually powers the whole servo rail on the TWOG? ...When I remove my prop and connect the throttle input to the TWOG everything works great!

Thanks,
Jeff

Quoting "Felix Ruess" <address@hidden>:

Hi Jeff,

BEC is an abbreviation for Battery Elimination Circuit, meaning you
eliminate the extra battery for the servos. It is basically just a
voltage regulator that produces 5V from your battery. As Maik said you
can just use the 5V provided by the BEC of your speed controller.

Cheers, Felix