Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Suggestions: Auto-tuning of gains and upload via

From: Maik Höpfel
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Suggestions: Auto-tuning of gains and upload via modems
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2010 11:13:16 +0200

Hello,

thank you very much for your clarifications!

Auto-tuning: Okay, as far as I understand it, there's disagreement
about what method to use to get the gains. Once you have the algorithm
down to detect oscillations and all that, I feel like implementing
different methods to get the right gains shouldn't be much effort.
What method do the other Paparazzi users use? I'm afraid I don't know
nothin' about control theory (well, I guess I've understood the
concept of a PID controller by now).

Uploading: How long are we talking about here? I know with our
airplane it the flashing process takes long, because we have to attach
a USB cable deep inside the airframe ;) And no, having an outside USB
connector is not an option for us.
I don't really know how to go about finding the size of a typical
upload, sorry. But with 57600 bauds, I can't imagine things can be
that bad. Thoughts?

Regards,
Maik