Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Re: Flight plan altitude data.

From: David Conger
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Re: Flight plan altitude data.
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2010 08:17:55 -0700

Maybe way more explanation for anyone but me but I thought I would add what I concluded from the code alone:
I found this in the code  (sw/airborne/booz/booz2_navigation.h):
/** Time in s since the entrance in the current block */
#define NavBlockTime() (block_time)

The same statement is in sw/airborne/common_nav.h

Looking at how it's used:
<while cond="LessThan(NavBlockTime(), 3)"/>

I concluded it returned a value "Time" in seconds since the start of execution of the current block. Read about blocks here: http://paparazzi.enac.fr/wiki/Flight_Plans#Blocks

Even more:
So, say you want to as was said below have GPS position stabilize. How could you do it? You could have a "block" of code around the GPS initialization and have it wait in there instead of executing quickly and moving on. By waiting 10 seconds (or more you can modify the 10 to 15 or 20 or ? ) you can give the GPS time to stabilize. The code from the Generic flight plan looks like:
  <blocks>
          <block name="Wait GPS">
                  <set value="1" var="kill_throttle"/>
                  <while cond="!GpsFixValid()"/>
          </block>
          <block name="Geo init">
                  <while cond="LessThan(NavBlockTime(), 10)"/>
                  <call fun="NavSetGroundReferenceHere()"/>
    </block>

The first part has a while conditional. The loop is around the GpsFixValid not being true. Once true the wile will not be valid and move on to the next step in the code....which is another while where the condition for the while the "Geo init" block has not run for 10 seconds. So until Geo init has executed for 10 seconds the code will not continue. Basically just saying once this code is started wait 10 seconds. Or in shell scripting sleep=10

You could probably use this in things like circle a waypoint for 20 seconds or survey for 300 seconds by just using variations. ..however I do not see in the code anywhere this statement being used any differently. Always:
<while cond="LessThan(NavBlockTime(), 10)"/> with the only variable the test value (10 or in some cases a 1).

This is all just what I concluded from looking in the code so I welcome anyone who wrote this correcting me so I can learn.

I do have these questions:
 - I see there is a <while cond="LessThan(), X)"/> ... is there also "GreaterThan" ? I only see LessThan()
 - Is this logic possible in all blocks or does only the statement as used work? Can you have different blocks execute for a set amount of time in this way?

I suppose I can simply try it myself in the simulator :)

-David