Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Need help with connecting airplane to Paparazzi!

From: Pat Hickey
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Need help with connecting airplane to Paparazzi!
Date: Sun, 23 May 2010 18:33:58 -0400

I got sick of troubleshooting ttyUSB0/1 naming errors, so I made a udev rule that symlinks one name per adapter based on their unique serial numbers. Here's a sample from my /etc/udev/rules.d/10-ftdiadapters.rules

BUS=="usb", SYSFS{idProduct}=="6001", SYSFS{idVendor}=="0403", SYSFS{serial}=="A9007SF9", GROUP:="plugdev", MODE:="0660", SYMLINK:="ftdi0"

You can use udevadm to find out a device's serial number.

Pat