Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Offer from a thankful new user

From: David Carlson
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Offer from a thankful new user
Date: Mon, 03 May 2010 18:04:51 +0300

So I'm just a superficial decision?  Ouch.  :)

On a more serious note, when I first started with paparazzi, I did have a lot of questions. I don't blame this on anybody or anything besides my just being new to the platform. I didn't understand exactly what all the config files did (airframe, radio, flight plan, etc.) nor exactly where to start. The information was all out there, mostly on the wiki, but I had to read the whole thing before I began to understand.

Because of this, I think a "Getting Started" guide could be very helpful. I've tried to sit down and write one, but I started so many years ago that I don't really remember what hangups I had. I would note, however, that it was very helpful to actually read most of the wiki as it helped me understand _much_ better how the system worked. The one worry that I would have about an easy to use getting started guide is that a lot of new-comers may use that and skip over the rest of the information.

Buzz