Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Offer from a thankful new user

From: Nathan Aherne
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Offer from a thankful new user
Date: Mon, 3 May 2010 20:36:33 +1000

Hi Cedric,

This is a good point

If you read through  the posts you will notice that many people offered to
make new forums, new wikis, etc. They put some time into putting it online
and...nobody used it...

What I was proposing and asking the community was do you want this for Paparazzi? I did not want to build something and own it, I was offering to build something for the community to own for example paparazziap.com. I envisaged that it would have a welcome page which gave a short summary about Paparazzi, a news section, and knowledge base (wiki) section etc etc.

When you look at the interwebs the number of people saying Paparazzi is too hard to use is phenomenal. This is bad advertising for the project and stops people from joining the community. There are also many posts where people started to learn about Paparazzi and then gave up because they were overwhelmed or because it seemed too hard. This is not their fault, its the Paparazzi communities fault - maybe you will disagree (I am sure many will) but if its an open source community project then the bigger the community the more open it is.

Kindest regards,

Nathan Aherne
Reddog Technology
Mob: 0402 555 080