Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Planes flies an eight-figure in AUTO2

From: Adrian Lauf
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Planes flies an eight-figure in AUTO2
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2010 09:19:21 -0500

Hi Joseph,

I'll chime in because I haven't done so in a while, but your problem seems familiar to me. I had this problem with my Alpha 40, and it turned out to be that the COURSE_PGAIN was way too high - the plane just overcorrects the entire time and never gets anywhere. I have mine set to -0.4. Also check that your ROLL_PGAIN isn't too low; you don't want oscillations, but you do want the plane to keep track of where it is more accurately. My bet is on the COURSE_PGAIN. Bring it to a more reasonable number and it should do wonders - my Alpha is flying amazingly well, and I'm going to be expanding to two more airframes.

Also, once you've corrected your COURSE_PGAIN, make sure your waypoints aren't too close to eachother - that can be another problem. Best of luck,

-Adrian