Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Re: Reflow Soldering the 12MHz Crystal

From: Jayson MacKiddie
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Re: Reflow Soldering the 12MHz Crystal
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2009 15:41:56 -0500

Wold a carefully used pen torch suffice? This has been sugested by one of the faculty members at our university.

Jay

On Thu, Dec 17, 2009 at 2:43 PM, Paul Cox <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi Jay,

I use a hot air tool (aka smd rework station- like http://www.tequipment.net/Hakko851-2.html) and it goes down pretty well. Pre-tin the pads with a *little* bit of solder and hold it in place while adding a little heat and it settles right down. Same goes for many of the other parts.

Good luck,

Paul

Message: 2