[Paparazzi-devel] Dgps tracking antenna

From: Jesus Martin Sanchez
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] Dgps tracking antenna
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 2009 00:46:25 +0100

Hello:
  Just like I´ve done with Tood. I going to explain here my idea. Now I´m using a tracking antenna in my FPV/UAV plane, but some time I need to move the ground station, for example to search the plane or like this summer, owing to a "summer" storm :) when I had the plane some kilometers away...
  Ok, based on the code of the tracking antenna, and with this http://paparazzi.enac.fr/wiki/GPSd_position maybe it´s possible to mix two code to do a diferential tracking antenna. But, as well Todd said to me
The only issue I can see is that you will not be able to work out the current heading of the car with any reasonable accuracy. To solve this problem I´ve thought that with a magnetic  compass, with a servo (360º servo)  and a platform that always is pointing at the north… I think that would be the solution…  With that method you need some extra hardware, but I think that it´s the simplest way to do…

 What do you think about this?
 Thanks
 Jesús