RE: [Paparazzi-devel] distance measurement for landing. (box oflights)

From: Elden Crom
Subject: RE: [Paparazzi-devel] distance measurement for landing. (box oflights)
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2009 12:48:13 -0700

Yea I had considered this, but
1) this would 'require' the ground station full fledged computer and
2) a good bit of processing and communications going down would be really bad and
3) of course comms latancies.

I was hoping to apply KISS. (and cheap)

another similar thought would be to use a WiiMote and Blue tooth at the last few seconds..
http://johnnylee.net/projects/wii/

But yea the ground station doing video processing is the backup plan.....