[Paparazzi-devel] reply to: Re: a way to measure time? (gisela.noci)

From: Chris
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] reply to: Re: a way to measure time? (gisela.noci)
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2009 14:18:03 +0200

Hi Joe.
I understand what you are saying and i am prepared for a failure
but if it works acceptably well i will be very pleased to say the least...
My planes land with 4 to 6 m/s max (Easyglider or big high wing planes) so i guess i have a chance making it work. I also have used the paparazzi in a turbine (P80) plane with landing speed of about 10m/s but i wouldn't try to auto land it as any crash will start a fire. I just used the paparazzi system as a safety feature
Anyway i will try the MAXSONAR  just for fun and experience.
At first i will go the easy and simple way just to gather some data and then if this thing work acceptably well i will start developing it. For now the sensor will feed the height to the Kalman filter instead of the GPS when the altitude is below 5m just like a barometer would.
Chris