[Paparazzi-devel] Questions on Booz hardware

From: Angus Peart
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] Questions on Booz hardware
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2009 15:47:56 +1100

Hi All,

I have a few questions about the booz hardware and with the lack of documentation, I thought would ask here.

1. Is the HW going through any revisions in the near future, it would be a shame to get some PCB's made then have a revision come out the next month.
2. Has anyone considered replacing the 2 and 1 axis magnetometers with a small HMC5843? The problem I see is it is I2C not SPI, which isn't on the IMU board, but it is on the GPS board.
3. On the IMU YZ board, what is the small magnetometer part number?
4. The AMI601 on the GPS board, when is/isn't that needed. I cannot find much info about the AMI601 or even where to purchase it. I see it is a 3 axis magnetometer so this may answer question 2 as well. It is also a 3 axis accelerometer (if my information is right), is the accelerometer being used from the AMI601? If it is only being used for a magnetometer then I think replacing it with the HMC5843 is a good idea as it is I2C like the AMI601, which is already brought to the GPS board.
5. If the AMI601 (or other 3-axis magnetometer) is on the GPS board, does that mean the magnetometer on the main IMU and YZ board do not need to be placed/used?
6. The "power board" looks like a simple power switching board with an external switch to activate it. Is this correct? When should it be used and why?
7. The absolute pressure sensor "MPX6115" doesn't seem to exist. I take it that it should be the MPXH6115, absolute sensor, the ported version?
8. I am proficient with eagle and can work with multiple layers, is there any TODO items that I could do with the schematics/boards before I get them made?
9. Is there anything else I should know before I get the PCB's made up?

Hopefully once I have some hardware in front of me I can update the wiki to make this hardware more accessible to others.

Kind Regards,
Angus