[Paparazzi-devel] Installation on FC8

From: Alain Désandré
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] Installation on FC8
Date: Sun, 27 Sep 2009 12:01:10 +0200

Hello,

newbies on this mailing list, i've started a project of UAV based on the Paparazzi project. I'm trying to install the source code on a Fedora core 8 plateform and i have some problem with the ivy-c package.
As explain on the installation tutorail, i've downloaded all the packages needed from the paparazzi repository and i've used alien tools to convert some packages form debian format to rpm format. For the ivy-c package, rpm return a failed dependencies on libprcre.so.3.
I've browsed lot of forum to find some information and i've seen that libpcre.so.3  was a specificity of debian distribution, equivalent to libpcre.so.0.0.1 for fedora. So i've create a symbolic link between these to version, and i've forced the package installation of ivy-c using the "--nodeps" option of the rpm tool. unfortunatly, trying to build the binaries of the paparazzi project (running make), the process failed with the following messages :

"File "pprz.mli", line 132, characters 78-89,
Unbound type constructor Ivy.binding
make[1]: *** [pprz.cmi] Erreur 2
make: *** [lib] Erreur 2"

Thank you in advance for any help.