[Paparazzi-devel] Congratulations to the paparazzi team for giving us th

From: chris
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] Congratulations to the paparazzi team for giving us this autopilot
Date: Sun, 06 Sep 2009 11:11:21 +0300

Many years ago i wanted to built an autopilot and i was gathering info and components. Then i found the paparazzi autopilot and some brave men that started to produce pcbs. Now i have so many auto flights that i am confident that the plane can do whatever i want. Keeping it air worthy is the most time consuming job as i need to check or replace parts after each flight (my plane is 3 years old and still flies extremely well). I now feel that i have accomplished the wish i had many years ago although i didn't built the system. The only thing i miss is the ability to set a speed and the autopilot to try and hold that speed
from waypoint a to b.
Is there any way to do this from the flight plan or i need to hack the code?
Granted that this might need a pitot tube and sensors or maybe the ground speed
can be used if it is high enough.
In any case i am more than satisfied from the system as it is simple and very effective
for fixed wing aircrafts.
Chris