RE: [Paparazzi-devel] Re: Redundant System

From: Yves Touchette
Subject: RE: [Paparazzi-devel] Re: Redundant System
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2009 08:09:41 -0400

Instead of looking of a redundant system, you could look for a system to revert back to manual control in case the AP locks.

Here's how I see it:

Build a servo encoder/demux/external powerboard that looks at the PPM signal coming from the AP.  It could be simply checking that the PPM signal is there or look for a particular pattern in a spare channel. The fail safe board could then feed the servos directly from the RC signal if the AP locks up. That same board could allow you to manually override the AP with a spare channel on your transmitter as well.

I haven't look at all the details but the failsafe demux from diydrone looks like a good start!

It's not AP redundancy, but at least you can regain control is you experience problems with the AP in flight!

 -yvest