[Paparazzi-devel] reply to "2.4GHz FASST 7 channel receiver (Christophe

From: chris
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] reply to "2.4GHz FASST 7 channel receiver (Christophe De Wagter)"
Date: Sat, 18 Jul 2009 16:22:34 +0300

Hi.
I am the designer of the ppm encoder board.
I am not offended at all and in fact i would prefer all the receivers had a PPM output
for paparazzi compatibility than to have to add an external board.
Maybe is not known that i did it for fun (somehow i have an internal need to contribute wherever i can) and not for money. The people that sell it hardly make any money from it AFAIK and i suspect that they would prefer
that all receivers had a PPM output also :-)
The PPM board is useful if you don't want to perform surgery to the receiver, isolate the rx from the rest of the system and make fast receiver replacement an easy job but it also increases complexity.
Chris