[Paparazzi-devel] Formation flight for Multiple UAV

From: Long Di
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] Formation flight for Multiple UAV
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2009 15:16:09 -0600

Dear all, I just barely start working on our multiple UAV project, but on Paparazzi website, there is nothing related to the formation flight so far. I am looking for some reference that can help me start with.
Here are some general questions after my studyings,
1. In a general flight plan, in the blocks for the formation flight, if we add "call fun=add_slot(#, #, #, #)", "call fun="start_formation()", "call fun="stop_formation()", what else do we need to add, I try to edit the formation.c and nav.c, but there are always "undefined reference to 'add_slot' ", "undefined reference to ' start formation' ", and etc kind of errors show up.
2. Do we have to add anything into each A/C file we are using? and how can we set the flight plan for each plane separately showing up on the GCS?
3. I read one paper regarding "Multi-UAV Control with the Paparazzi System by Pascal and Gautier", on that GCS, operator is able to see the different altitudes for each plane, is there a way I can do that too?

Because I am trying to get the simulation work first, so any help and information will be very welcomed. Thanks ahead!

Dee

OSAM UAV team member
--
Long Di, Graduate Research Assistant
Center for Self-Organizing and Intelligent Systems (CSOIS),