Re: [Paparazzi-devel] What's wrong with throttle control?

From: Steven Wawryk
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] What's wrong with throttle control?
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 14:55:12 +0930

Thank you Pascal. Your "PS" was the clue. The voltages in the airframe file were wrong.

Steve

Pascal Brisset wrote:
Hi,

from a fresh svn extraction, in the "Holding point" block of basic.xml, changed with

   <attitude roll="0" throttle="0.5" vmode="throttle"/>

compiled with microjet5.xml airframe, it runs as expected in simulation (after clicking "resurrect" and "launch").

So ?

--Pascal

PS: Note that because of the POWER_CTL_BAT_NOMINAL flag set to 11.1 (V), the actual throttle will be 44% instead of 50% with a 12.5V battery level.

Steven Wawryk wrote:

Hi,

I'm trying to get a flight plan to partially spool up the throttle before launch but I can't seem to get the pre-launch throttle to any values other than 0% or 100%.

When I set it to 0, the GCS reports 0%, when I set it to *any* non-zero value, the GCS shows it slewing up to 100%. It only seems to be boolean until a control loop sets it after launch. This happens for both sim and ap targets. With ap, the throttle servo confirms it.

I've tried it using <attitude roll="0.0" throttle="0.5" vmode="throttle" until="suds_cld_launch_detected"/>, with other vmodes and by setting each of v_ctl_throttle_setpoint and ap_state->commands[COMMAND_THROTTLE] to MAX_PPRZ/2, but all give the same result.

Steve