[Paparazzi-devel] Paparazzi for a Quadrotor

From: Jean-Claude
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] Paparazzi for a Quadrotor
Date: Mon, 25 May 2009 17:40:43 +0200

Hi Felix,

Again thanks for your answers.
I had replied to you by an email and perhaps that's was not a good idea for
others members to be in sink.
So let me apologize to repost here

For the quadrotor SW part :
Do you know roughly when the quadrotor support in Paparazzi should be announced ?
Also, when you say i could fly actually a quadrotor manually, does i mean that "stabilization" is achieved
and not the "autonomous" flight ?
Does this correspond the PPZ Airborne Software can Control with augmented stability (named AUTO1)?
Can you please confirm that basic waypoint naviguation can be done ?

For the quadrotor HW part :
I was also able to discuss on the IRC with Anton who told me that the new Booz2
hardware was being validated by a a few Paparazzi members(as he will).
They are probably going to be manufactured by a vendor company.

I was interested in getting only the Booz2 different PCB's and assemble them myself but
no more Booz2 PCB's should be available as only a small bunch of them was fabed.

So, for my quadrotor project, it means that the only solution remaining would be to use a Tiny V1.3
or Tiny V2 (Or Twog V1 i suppose)
I will perhaps try to buy a "used" Tiny ot Twog from other PPZ users, for cost reasons... (and moove to the new Booz2 hardware when available).
I will have also to build an IMU for the quadrotor to fly:
How should i connect this IMU to the Tiny Board?

Best regards,

Jean-Claude